Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: any bluray player experts here?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    any bluray player experts here?

    I'm looking to get into the "bluray experience" and want a little advice. Walmart has a magnavox bluray player for $198.00. I kind of want the sony for $298.00 but is it really $100 better? I've kind browsed a couple sited on the net but they really don't say much about the magnavox. also my tv is not 1080p, just 720 if that would make much of a difference. I have read that the best bluray player is the PS3 but I'm not going to sink that much into a player, I never play games on my ps2 as it is now.

    thanks
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: any bluray player experts here?

    I would imagine the general construction will be much more inferior, and may or may not be harder to get updates for for future information. With the Sony you mentioned, I assume that is the BDP-S350. Its a good, player and the only real difference between it and the next step up, the BDP-S550, is that the 350 does not have BD-Live, DTS master audio decoding or 7.1 analog outputs.

    The thing that makes the PS3 so good is the ability to quickly update with the hardwired ethernet connection, or via wifi.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •